One of the more popular trends in weddings right now is the “First Look.” Thanks to a friend of mine on Pinterest I found this article with a fantastic take on the situation and I just had to share. Breanna, along with her husband, is a wedding photographer in Arizona who points out numerous reasons why the first look is beneficial for any wedding. Read her whole article here:
For the short version, here is a quick summary of what she had to say (pulled from the article)
“The Lesser Known Benefits of the Reveal Moment:
- The first time you see each other in a ceremony happens in the blur of a few seconds. The reveal takes that amazing moment and turns it into it’s own event which makes it more memorable and significant.
- You feel more like partners going into this together rather than alone… it is an amazing bonding experience to anticipate the moment together.
- Your emotions are more genuine when expressed in private, which is one of the many things about a reveal moment that will make the photos of the first time you see one another turn out better
- Your nerves calm down significantly when you see one another, allowing you to enjoy the first half of your wedding day more.
- Your schedule is more relaxed which will make your entire wedding day feel more relaxed.
- It feels more natural to do family photos before the ceremony because afterwards all you want to do is be together for a few minutes and then go join your party.
- You have more time for photos of the two of you alone and with the people you care about (30 min to 1 hr more!).
- Cocktail hour is shorter and your guests are happier!
- The reveal moment is all about relaxing everyone and making the day more enjoyable. Every person involved in the wedding will be more chill and have more fun when the reveal moment schedule is used.
- Part of the reason our clients hire us is because they trust our experience and you believe we have their best interests at heart… and we fully believe they will be happiest experiencing the benefits of the Reveal Moment Schedule.”
I love Breanna’s point of view and could not agree with her more!!! Oh yea, and did I mention their work is beyond beautiful too? (all images are from their site)
Check out their website Radiant Photography for more.