My mind is in vacation mode (even though a summer vacay is off the itinerary for me this year), which means I can’t help longing for my second love New York City. This feel good time lapse video calms even the toughest of withdrawls…
– A New York City Timelapse</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/willboisture”>Will
Boisture</a> on <a href=”http://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>
Thanks Will Boisture for my end of the week pick me up 🙂
Today I love this polka dotted tent decor of this beautiful Australian wedding
Thank you SMP
poppies and so many pretty bouquets
This reminds me of home. See details of this Huntington Beach wedding on Wedding Bee.
I can’t really call this a “today I love” post, because I’ve technically been crushing on it for some time; I’ve just never gotten around to purchasing. 😦
Behold – the love child of my two obsessions (weddings and design obviously):
brought to you by Dessy. It’s like a color flip book for weddings. I feel like I’ve been wanting this for so long that I’ve probably already blogged about it – but I can’t get enough of its glory. One day – it will be mine – that is if the price stops going up. ug.
check out this photo from Garret Ross Photography.
Admittedly, I am very anti-children at weddings, but this image (in all of its black and white glory) almost makes my heart melt. The rest of his work is beautiful especially the colored prints. They’re so vibrant!
More type inspiration from Elsie Dodds
To feed my addiction
In case you weren’t aware – I have a serious soda addiction. Coca- Cola to be specific. Today I love, no I am crushing on… this Urban Outfitters glass.
Other current crushes from Urban… awesome owl umbrella stand, lace inspired acid etched letters, and so cute puzzle pillowcases (naturally). Although I will say, the umbrella stand has a hot competitor in this – but zGallerie is another can of worms altogether.
You can tell I was bored at work today, but hey Christmas is (almost) right around the corner.
Ok. I’m done now.
The Test Color Quiz.
One of the many blogs, How About Orange, posted this a while ago but it got lost in the commotion of my google reader. I finally rediscovered it today and OMG! HOW AMAZING! (click image below to try it out)
Naturally the psychology side of me loves all things personality, so I really get a kick out of this. Basically, you pick the colors you like then the ones you don’t and it spits out a personality profile about it. It was spot on. These are some of the things it said about me:
- you are a creative person, with always new ideas, and you know how to apply them.
- You are intellectual and intelligent, you wonder and you inquire before taking any action and setting your values.
- you are thoughtful and deep, you think before getting into action and you know how to communicate your knowledge.
- you are creative, you know how to see beauty, you are intuitive and your inspiration comes from the inside.
- you are a manager and a structured person, you know how to take into account the needs of each person while leading them to the fixed goals.
- Finally, you are a manager and a leader, and you know how to organize groups of people and how to give them your energy, you are attuned to others and you show a good emotional intelligence, which allow you to give support to people.
It also said in relation to understanding my environment, I am more emotionally related. I rely on my inspiration for influence more so than social ties; my decision making is motivated by my inner conviction, and my actions/behaviors are determined by my sensibility and that of my partner
How fun! I love these things. I think this bodes well for my future endeavors. If anyone decides to try it I am interested to see what your results are: Leave some comments!
So, I fully admit to the fact that I have been extremely lazy with my daily posts. Let’s just say it has been a weird week. Following that lazy fashion, I have had a very lazy day, accompanied by lazy ready.
With that said – Today I Love… Sophie Kinsella books (specifically my most recent read… Shopaholic & Baby)
My guilty pleasure. The movie sucked, but the books rock. “Shopaholic & Baby” is the perfect book squeezed right between “The Tipping Point,” “The Westing Game” and “Wuthering Heights.”Also on my “read soon” list is the Agatha Christie Autobiography.
I would recommend all, by the way.